RIP Hudson from Feature Inc. Gallery in NYC

     Just got an email from Feature Inc gallery in NYC about the passing of owner/curator, Hudson. He was one of the few gallerists that still had his desk open to the public and greeted visitors to his gallery. He was cool and approachable. Hudson displayed an interesting variety of works and I chatted with him several times over the years and wrote about some of his shows on my Gallery Guy blog. On the artist side of the ledger, he was very encouraging about the series of drawings I did about censorship via adult mag images.
      Two years ago on the flight to Miami for Art Basel, I sat down next to a sleeping gentleman that I recognized. It was Hudson. An hour or so later he awoke, and we had a warm and spirited discussion about art, artists, and the art fairs.


Below is the In Memoriam piece posted on the Feature website:
 

Comments